TRAIN Mixer

 I really enjoyed the TRAIN Mixer at ASU West last Friday. It was great to see a few people that I haven't seen for a while and meet with new people too. I was able to talk with professors who helped me to figure out some of my next academic steps.

There were very few prospective TRAIN students, (two, maybe three). I was only able to speak with one of them, but she expressed concern about getting accepted to the scholarship. I was able to discuss my experience with her and how the process was extremely positive and helpful to me in my transfer process, Dr. Marshall is a super star! She also had questions about what was expected from TRAIN scholars during their time at ASU and I discussed with her the (easily met) requirements including the scholarship class and how it helps TRAIN students to build a STEM community of support for themselves. Last semester was a little different, but I'm hoping this semester will really open up the opportunities to build a strong supportive community in STEM.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Networking and NCUIRE

My STEM Path

Going Forward: Healthy Communication and Efficiency